Why Mouse Traps Aren’t Enough To Get Rid Of An Infestation In Your Rochester Home
If you suspect a mouse problem in your home, you are probably right. House mice are a common problem in our area and throughout the United States. If you have already attempted mouse control on your own, you know how difficult it can be to eliminate rodents.
Knowing the signs of a mouse infestation can help you spot a problem in the early stages before you end up trying to deal with a whole family of mice. These rodents are prolific breeders and can quickly multiply.
If you have been searching for rodent control in Rochester that deals with mice, you have come to the right place. Read on to learn more about the diseases mice carry and the danger of having them in your home. We will also explain the best way to get rid of mice for good.
Signs You Have A Mouse Problem In Your Home
These rodents are nocturnal and try to stay away from humans, so knowing the signs can help. The following list explains some signs of a mouse infestation in your home:
- Seeing mouse droppings in the kitchen near their food source or near their nest is a telltale sign. Mouse droppings are between ⅛ and ¼ of an inch long and rod-shaped with pointed ends.
- Gnaw marks around your home may be rough if new and smoother if they are older.
- Damaged food packages may point to a mouse problem.
- Spotting an actual rodent is the surest sign of all that mice are in your house. House mice are social creatures that breed rapidly. If you see one mouse, there is a good chance a whole mouse family is in your home.
If you see any of the above signs of mice in your home, contact a company that offers mouse control services as soon as possible. These tiny rodents can cause big problems.
It’s Very Dangerous To Have Mice In Your Home
House mice may appear harmless, but they pose multiple dangers to your home, and the diseases mice carry can threaten your family’s health. Here are a few of the problems they bring with them:
- Dried mouse droppings and microdroplets of mouse urine can trigger allergies and asthma, especially in children.
- Mouse droppings in kitchen pantries and cabinets can contaminate food with salmonella.
- Mice also introduce fleas, ticks, lice, and mites, some of which also spread diseases.
- Mice inside walls will chew on wires and can start an electrical fire.
- House mice damage your property with constant gnawing, urine, and nesting habits.
To keep your home and family safe, contact a mouse control company at the first sign of a mouse infestation.
Why Mouse Traps Aren’t Enough To Get Rid Of An Infestation
Many store-bought mouse control products claim to eliminate mouse problems. Unfortunately, most of these don’t work very well. House mice are social animals that rapidly reproduce. Putting out mouse traps may catch a couple of mice, but many more are likely around your house.
Mice are clever creatures and can learn to avoid baits and traps. To save yourself a lot of time, money, and frustration, we recommend employing a company that offers mouse control services rather than attempting this difficult task alone.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of A Mouse Infestation
The best way to get rid of mice is to work with a mouse control company like RodentX Wildlife Control. We will eliminate your mouse problem and help set up preventative measures to keep them out for good. Contact us today to learn more about our mouse control services and how to keep your home and family safe.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Professional service from the first call to the finished job and inspections. They were always on time, and respected us and our property as they replaced all insulation in the attic and some in the basement. They filled all the entry points and we have no more unwanted pests."
"They were professional right from the start. They removed contaminated insulation and replaced all the insulation in the attic. They sealed up all entry points, so no more bats/squirrels can get in. I would certainly recommend RodentX!"
"My wife and I were very happy with the service from RodentX Wildlife Control. From the beginning to the end of the project they were prompt, professional, courteous and effective with what they had to do. The Team Leader kept the whole job organized and completed on time. I would highly recommend this company."