The Reasons For A Rat infestation In Your Rochester Home
Discovering a rat infestation in your home is scary and stressful. Having a rat problem does not mean that your house is dirty or that you did anything to cause them to enter your home. Rats will enter any home that provides them with food, water, and shelter. If they find everything they need to survive in your house, they will remain there until something changes.
These rodents threaten your family’s health and well-being in various ways, including through rat droppings and urine, even without direct contact. Learn more about rodents, including what may attract them to your home, and when it is time to contact a Rochester rodent control company that provides rat control services.
Rats Are Very Social Creatures
Rats are social creatures, meaning they primarily live in large groups. They also reproduce rapidly, causing their numbers to multiply quickly, creating a major rat infestation. Rats give birth to multiple litters a year, and their young can reproduce after a few months. If you suspect a rat problem, it is time to seek professional help from a rat control company.
A Rat Infestation Is A Serious Risk To Your Health
It is never too late to start using rat prevention methods in your home. Rodents pose serious risks to the health and well-being of your family. The following list explains how the diseases rats carry, and other bacteria can transfer to people:
- Rat droppings contaminate food and food prep surfaces with bacteria like salmonella.
- Their urine can spread jaundice and leptospirosis.
- Rat bite fever can infect people from bites or scratches, and the bacteria can also enter from open wounds and mucus membranes in your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Rats also introduce fleas into homes and spread diseases such as tapeworm, typhus, and tularemia.
Because of the serious health risk of rats in your home, it is important to call a rat control company to help with eradication.
How To Identify Factors And Reasons For A Rat Infestation
To determine the best way to get rid of rats, we must inspect your property to see what attracts them to your home. Here are some factors and reasons rat infestations occur:
- Stacks of firewood and debris in your yard may attract rats as they provide ideal nesting spaces.
- Cold weather may reduce food and water sources, causing rats to seek shelter in our homes. Rats can fit through a hole or gap the size of a quarter.
- Rats need drinking water, so any moisture issues around your home will attract them, including leaky pipes, fixtures, and damp basements.
- Food is always attractive to rats. Outdoors, there may be garbage cans that don’t properly seal. Inside, any food that isn’t securely stored, including pet food, will attract rats.
Taking care of these issues can help with rat prevention, but these clever creatures can sometimes invade despite our best efforts.
The Safe And Effective Way To Get Rid Of A Rat Infestation.
To protect your family and pets from the diseases rats carry, the best way to get rid of rats is to work with a professional company like RodentX. Our rat control services include an inspection to determine the type of rat that has invaded and the safest and most efficient way to remove them.
Our technicians can also help find areas that may attract rodents to help with future rat prevention. We also offer services to repair entry points, insulation, and damage from rat droppings and urine. Contact us today to rid your home of rats and keep your family safe.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Professional service from the first call to the finished job and inspections. They were always on time, and respected us and our property as they replaced all insulation in the attic and some in the basement. They filled all the entry points and we have no more unwanted pests."
"They were professional right from the start. They removed contaminated insulation and replaced all the insulation in the attic. They sealed up all entry points, so no more bats/squirrels can get in. I would certainly recommend RodentX!"
"My wife and I were very happy with the service from RodentX,LLC. From the beginning to the end of the project they were prompt, professional, courteous and effective with what they had to do. The Team Leader kept the whole job organized and completed on time. I would highly recommend this company."